Thursday, November 30, 2006

Socioconstructivist Problem Solving

understanding

Even though I have a Master's degree in Educational Technology, I have neither a DEC, BAC, nor Master's in Computer Science: therefore, sometimes, I realise that I just don't know simple, basic knowledge related to my computer.

Voici le problème : dans la c@pture d'écran ci-haut, il est indiqué
que mon disque local utilisait alors, il y a plusieurs mois,
2,29 Go et que 1,70 Go était libre.
Aujourd'hui, 2006nov30, 252 jours + tard, mon disque local
utilise (seulement) 291 Mo et 3,72 Go sont libres.
Par contre, je sais que si je défragmente mon disque,
l'espace libre retombera probablement à autour de 0,80 Go
  1. Quelqu'un pourrait-il, elle, m'expliquer, simplement, pourquoi défragmenter bouffe tant d'espace sur mon disque ?
  2. Quelqu'un pourrait-il, elle, m'indiquer si, à son avis, il est mieux d'avoir plus d'espace libre et de ne pas défragmenter, ou, si c'est mieux de défragmenter et d'avoir conséquemment moins d'espace libre ?


p.s.: the "image uploading button", image button, DIDN'T workS with Netscape Navigator 7.2. I actually uploaded the above image while @ccessing my blog through Internet Explorer; I guess that I should notify this system's "workers"...

I just discovered that the image uploading button DOES work, but that with NN 7.2, you must allow popups for this site, through "TOOLS", and then, the "Popup Manager".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home